Friday, December 4, 2015

The Scream of the Last 1 Percent



Have you ever known with sheer certainty 

that you’re right where you are supposed to be?


Nine months ago  

I remember walking erratically up and down

a cold country road,

my cell phone crackling

with poor reception,

as I told my mentor Andy

that I wouldn't be able to come

to the next Higher Laws event

because it was nine months away 

and so was my baby.


That was fine, exciting news, of course.


We started talking about other edges

and, as always seems to happen 

when I am in a coaching session,

my walking pattern soon took on a crazed intensity 

of pacing and whirling, flapping and stomping,

because Andy was doing his long distance 

spiritual kung fu moves

on my soul.


Have you ever had someone get a good firm  

soul lock 

around your Purpose for being on the planet,

and then hold you there

in the blissful agony

and inescapability of it?


This he does over the freaking phone!


Andy Benjamin knows how to work me

because he knows Alignment

like a chiropractor 

knows your spine.


He knows how to do 

an adjustment

on my heart

with just a few powerful questions.


Now, the question of where I was supposed to be

in December of this year

was out of Andy’s hands

and out of mine,

but God knew

that the baby in my tummy would dissolve

and that December would find me 

here.

In St. George, Utah

at Ultimate Health
Ultimate Wealth
and 
Leadership.


If a phone call with Andy 

has that certain crack and pop 

of life-bones going back into place,

being in St. George 

for a Higher Laws event

is more like

full on surgery.


There are barely words

for what 5 days with

Brandon Broadwater

does to the soul.


It is quite impossible to describe.


I will share just one word.


It is a word

that gets activated

every time Brandon's

masterful gift of delivery

reaches

the

point

of 

incision.


I'm so eager for the blade,

 leaning so far in,

that my spirit is hovering a few inches

in front of my body.


Brandon speaks:


"In the moment

when you feel

like you need to back off -- 

as you're hitting your edge

go full throttle.

Slowing down

and braking here

could be deadly.

Go faster

to keep in control.

Speed

will burn

the fear

out of you."


What do you think this one word is?

...Relentless?

...Wholehearted?

...Insane?


I will give you a hint.

It is one of the 6 

absolutely compelling needs

that drive all

human beings.


If you think

these are cute and friendly needs

that are easy to negotiate with,

you've probably never tried

to change one!


There is a way...

but it seems to involve a lot of 

heat and speed and kickboxing moves.

It's a Master's work,

and it's the kind of training

I'm here to get.


But back to my one word.


You may not realize this about me.

It's not going to make sense...

You're going to say, "whaaaaaat?"

but it's true...


My top driving need is

CERTAINTY.


"Whaaaaat?"

Yes.

Even though I am the ultimate Zen master of

going with the flow,

even though I'd rather throw myself to the wind

than endure a series of predictable days,

even though I am the opposite of a control freak,

My top need is for

Ultimate Certainty.


Andy knows this.

He's heard my language patterns over and again.

He knows that when I honestly say, "I'm at 99%"

I may as well say zero.


There is this thing in me.

My Black or White thing.

My "if I can't be absolutely 100% certain that it's 

True, Good, Noble, Right, Pure, 

and did I mention TRUE...

then 

I am not in.


This can be both awesome

and a bit limiting ;)


These 5 days in Utah 


have transacted

a quantum shift in my needs structure,

which I'm looking forward

to busting loose in life!


Let me ask you a question...



How liberating would it be to 

know what's driving you?


What if you could unlock the thing that compels

your poor quality decisions,

work with it,

and shift it if necessary?


What if you could find better-than-ever ways

to satisfy the needs

that compel 

your behaviours?


That's the kind of ninja stealth moves

I'm learning here!

I love this stuff!



Me and my roomies in our sweet condo


























  
















1 comment: